Wednesday, October 19, 2016

You make my gears spin!

Hi friends,

I'm making a quick stop today to share a card I made this week.  The Twist Circle Pop Up Panel Card has been all the rage around YouTube and Facebook.  Lots of people are doing the hand made ones but I prefer to use the modified Twist Circle Card from Karen Burniston.  I have provided a link below if you haven't seen it yet.  It makes the process so much easier with much less cutting and scoring.  I have once again incorporated my love of Steampunk with a fun new technique. 
Hope you enjoy.



On the inside of the card I inlayed the larger gears so they wouldn't interfere with the pop up portion of the card.  No catch points that way.  The silver gears are stamped and embossed using Karen's Steampunk Clear Stamps.  I popped up some of the gears using the pop up from the Hot Air Balloon die set.  On the right side I did a partial die cut using the Clock and Gears set.



The front of this card is very simple because all the fun is on the inside.  I used some Tattered Time DCWV paper and simply added a stamped greeting.

As promised, here is Karen's video on the modification of the Twist Circle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZcj9Dnrpkc

Since anything goes, steampunk, at Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk Challenges, I think I'll enter this one there.

Have a fabulous weekend & I'll see you on Monday,
S@ndy


2 comments:

  1. What a fun spin on a card! Love those hidden surprises, Sandy, and to me it fits right in with all those gears! Thanks for joining us at SASPC and sharing! hugs, maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Love your pop up steampunk card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.