Sunday, November 22, 2015

Deck the Halls

Hi All and welcome - hope you are all having a good Sunday.  It is totally beautiful here in Arizona, we have a mild sunny day.  Even though it may be lovely and sunny it is getting closer and closer to the holidays and you know what that means - TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY. 
 
I really love using Karen Burniston's interactive dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs and her cute little characters are frequently found scampering around my cards.  Today I wanted to try something different so made them in an ornament.  I started with Jolly the Mouse and Chilly the Penguin and think Honey the Bear could be lots of fun too. I did, of course, think of Rudy the Reindeer but have to go back to the store for a bigger bulb for him.

I actually took this photo before adding the final half of the plastic bulb because it is more clear.  With the entire bulb on - there was no way to avoid the glare.  So here we have Jolly and Chilly ready for the tree.
 

Here they are - totally enclosed.
 
 
I found these plastic bulbs at my local craft store and they are very inexpensive.  They come apart in the center and have the loop on top for your ribbon.  I cut a circle from acetate that is the same size as the opening of the bulb.  I cut my characters, 2 each, and put one on each side of the acetate.  Don't forget to reverse them on one side.  I then put them in the bulb, added a little snow and closed them.  The final step was to add some ribbon.
 
Thanks  for stopping by and have a creative week,
S@ndy

 

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea. I have some balls I bought when Archiver's was going out of business.
    Have to go see how they come apart.
    thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun shiny critters inside these cute ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.