Thursday, October 1, 2015

Art Journaling with Tim

 
Hi and welcome -

Before I get started on today's challenge I just want to let you know that we are looking for a couple of new Creative Guides at A Vintage Journey.  If you like vintage and love sharing what you create this is the place for you.

For anyone who may be interested we are looking for
  two new Creative Guides 
to join our talented team. If you would like more information and details please email Brenda at brenda_brown25@hotmail.com by Monday 5th October.

Today is a new challenge at A Vintage Journey hosted by the lovely Alison of  Words and Pictures.  I was delighted when I saw her challenge, Art Journaling with Tim, because I seem to procrastinate when it comes to journaling.  I did a two page spread and really packed it full of Tim's products and techniques.
 
I  had no idea where I was going with this but as I started, it just seemed to flow into a fun page.
Hope you enjoy----


Here's How I Did It-


I already had some pages with gesso on them so used those.  I had torn one page but
took off a little more. 
 

Using some of Tim's Tissue Wrap, I covered the full page on the left and went up to the torn edge on the right.  I secured the tissue down with gel medium.  When it had dried, I rubbed on more gesso with a damp baby wipe.  I wanted to push the paper to the background without covering it completely.   

 
 Next came some Distress Paint, Broken China and Peeled Paint.  I cut the butterflies from another tissue wrap and put them on with gel medium.  I curled the edges of the torn page to fit around the butterflies, then added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I have tons of washi tape but never seem to use it - so decided this would be a good time.  After adding rows of the colorful tape I glued the torn page to the page below, actually using 3 pages of  the journal.  I like how blue and orange work together so used those colors and then used some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink on the top. Some tape and ink were also added on the lower left corner.  A piece from the Mixed Media Die Set was added to the top right.

 
Next came the molding paste using some of Tim's Layering Stencils, Wildflower, for the flowers at the bottom and, Bubble, for the dots around the sides. They seemed to be so bright white so I rubbed some Cornflower Blue Archival Ink on, very lightly, with my fingers.  The large letters are Grunge Board colored black.  The smaller letters were stamped on.  For the finishing touches, a Pen Nib, a Keyhole and Leaves along with wire were added.  Some random stamping with a script stamp and then edged with Archival. 


The final step was to add some color to the butterflies.  I used Chameleon Pens for that.
 If you haven't tried Art Journaling yet, procrastinate no longer. It's fun and easy.

Hope you have an "Artful" weekend,
S@ndy













15 comments:

  1. I love the bold sunshine colours here, and I feel like I can feel the fun you had with this! It's certainly uplifting to look at. I'm delighted you embraced the challenge, and I think the results are great.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, and I really loved doing this page.

      Delete
  2. what fun and fanciful pages Sandy! love the white 'stitching' on the black letters, your bright colors and torn page - wonderful journaling! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what gorgeous work S@ndy, your page is stunning, the background is so, so beautiful and I love the ripped page technique you used (I am going to try that one!). The highlighting and embellishments on the butterflies really brings them to life and the sentiment is just perfect. Love this, a lot! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy...these are gorgeous pages. Love all of the stenciling and vivid colors. Love the torn page and the black stamping. Really striking pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous spread Sandy and I love the idea to tear the page! The happy bright colours and those beautiful vibrant butterflies make for an artful and playful page, a joy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fun pages Sandy. I love the wonderful colours and the torn page looks amazing ! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. really lovely ! Sandy Love your idea to tear back the page and create a reveal on the next page . Some great texture work and your butterflies are so beautiful . x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is fab ! Love the torn paper - great textures and wonderful words. Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Art Journalling, Sandy! Love the torn page with curled edges and those butterflies are right at home! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This truly is fabulous Sandy!!! I love the contrast between the garden scene and the patterned section. An absolute gem of a spread. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore your journal pages Sandy especially the idea of the torn page. Great textures, colour and design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love these art journal pages! The torn page with the print behind is a great idea... GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely Spread ...The ripped Page adds to the WOW factor .. I love Butterflies .. The Pen nib and the keyhole over the Butterflies were so cute .. Loved it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandy, I love the torn and layered page, what a wonderful idea! Beautiful complementary colour palette and stenciling and your butterflies are lovely, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.