Sunday, May 10, 2015

May Flowers

Hi my friends,

It seems that May flowers are the topic for many challenge blogs lately so thought I would try to make one project to cover several challenges today. 
 
I have used the Wendy Vecchi Art Parts Timely Pocket Watches and then used the techniques she shared on her blog here.  Wendy used embossing powder and then while it was still hot, added some foil.  I like the way it looks as if the gold has worn off and it now has a great patina.  I used one of Tim's stamps from Stamper Anonymous for the sentiment.  I will be adding my link to the Make Art Challenge Blog where the theme is "Flowers".  While I'm at it - I'll link up with the
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog where they are asking for "May Flowers".  Since I did use Abandoned Coral - I'll add my project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where they are saying "Don't Abandon the Coral".  Last but not least is the Wednesday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and they want "Let's Get Sentimental".




For the flowers, I used a technique that is one of my favorites.  I used the Tattered Florals Die and cut my flowers from vellum.  I mixed my own color into a spray bottle using Abandoned Coral reinker, Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls and water.
After spraying the flowers with the mixture, I dried then with the heat tool and as they dried, they curled.  I always love these flowers and have used them on several projects.
 

This is a rather messy process so if you don't like to get your hands messy and stained, don't try this at home.


I was pretty happy when I got to this point but felt it needed some finishing touches.
I went stash diving and came up with some cute elements to add.  The cute little bird is one from Dina Wakley that I had colored and not used.  He was perfect for this project so used him along with some more branches cut from the Branch Tree Die.  I then finished it off with a chain and metal tag that says "Believe".


Have a wonderfully crafty week,
S@ndy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.