Monday, February 9, 2015

Won't you be my ValenTime?

Hi All,

I'm here today to share a card I made for the Karen Burniston monthly challenge.  This month she challenged us to make either an Artsy Card or a Cutesy Card.  I, no surprise, decided to go with Artsy.  I'm planning a Cutesy one as well but that will be in the next post so stop by tomorrow to see what I did about Cutesy. 

Did you ever have one of those projects that just had a mind of it's own?  Well, this card was that project for me.  It seemed that every piece I cut, glued or folded was wrong somehow.  After much trail to my patience, and I don't have much, I finished it!!  It wasn't at all the card I had in mind when I started but I'm very happy with the end result.


I used the Rectangle Pull Card Die and extended the flap and used the Agatha Edge.  You will see in the next photo that you need to decorate the inside of the flap to cover the extension, again using the Agatha Edge.  I did all the stamping with the alpha set from Tim Holtz.



I love the way Karen has designed her dies in the Pop it Ups line to work so well together.  I used parts and pieces from lots of different die sets for decorating this card.  The wings on the gear and clock are from the Butterfly Pivot Card and I used hearts from the Heart Pivot Card along with the Agatha Edge Die, Rectangle Pull Card and Clock & Gears Die. 
Thanks Karen.

Be sure to go on over to the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog here to see all the great cards from the design team as well as Karen's new video on Wednesday February 11th.
 
Have a fabulous and crafty week,


1 comment:

  1. Fascinating card! Loved all the different elements you used for this beautifully crafted, masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.