Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mixed Media Mini Canvas

Hi Bloggers,

Today I am taking a leap of faith by posting my latest project which is as the title says a mixed media mini canvas.  I have been wanting to try this for some time but was just a little nervous about getting started and pretty happy with the results. 

Who doesn't love Finnabair? Her work is so amazing.  When you think mixed media, her name is first on the list.  I have watched many tutorials on You Tube but the one I found most helpful was Arlene Cuevas because she showed all the steps from start to finish.  You can watch her video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDjRg49OBwc  I simply began pulling stuff from my stash and started adding it to the canvas. Sometimes it's good to be a "saver of things" that you aren't sure what to do with but will use eventually.

I wanted to make the canvas with a  masculine theme so no pink or flowers on this one.
I used a recent photo of Mac and went from there. 


I did as Arlene instructed and used LOTS or texture both on top and on the sides.
 
 
Here is a side view.  You can see how many layers there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.