Monday, December 26, 2011

Cigar Box Fun!!




A few weeks ago some of my pals came over for a day of crafting where we decided to make a Cigar Box Project.  I have finally had time to post mine with all that Christmas stuff done.  I went with the sewing theme and am soooo happy with the results.  Here it is in my guest room with the antique sewing machine.  Too cute---


I used some Lost & Found paper from My Minds Eye to cover the outside of the box.
I liked some of the design that was on the box so kept it on the edges. 

On the side that opens, I glued a bobbin on and decorated it with charms hanging from a Tim Holtz  Clasp and added a TH Hanger Clip.  For the top I had a small amount of the TH Measuring Tape Ribbon left from another project so made a bow and placed a knob in the center.
I just had so much fun with the inside, on the door I used a piece of paper from the TH Craft Resist Paper Stack, covered it with Picket Fence Distress Stain and then edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Inside the box I used a sewing themed paper from October Afternoon and then started putting in the cute little stuff.

Some spools with lace, thread, pins and needles, some chipboard items from my stash and dress forms cut from the TH Sewing Room Die.  One dress form is covered with Honey Pop paper and the other is dressed with things from my stash including a bag from the Happy Cow Cheese.  All and all a collection of things we save for just these occasions.  ENJOY!!

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful box but the star of the show has to be the old sewing machine! I have two old treadles both of which were family pieces as well as several old hand sewing machines. My Grandmother's treadle is still in pretty much regular use for curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get "Honey Pop paper"? It is awesome. Just took a second look!! The box is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!!
    I love the idea and the creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This box is amazing! I just watched the tim video and looked at the examples and yours stuck out like a sore thumb (in a great way tho) - what a weird saying huh! Stuck out like Christmas tree lights - better. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Did you order the honeycomb papers? Everything else you added is out of this world. I don't think there would be a better way to use what he showed. I'm sure everyone who looks at the video and the examples will be totally impressed!!!! Smiles and happiness, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a lovely scene you created! I love the sewing machine and the great papers you used for the background too! I am loving the honeycomb paper!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.